The UMass Family Business Center, a learning community of business owning families throughout Western Massachusetts, needs a talented and passionate journalism intern to do a variety of tasks, including:
• Writing articles that cover their educational events (with a byline, on the center's highly- ranked website)
• Interviewing local family businesses on topics that are relevant and fascinating
• Assistance with care and feeding of the website
• Press releases, marketing, etc to spread the word about the center's program
• Additional projects, to be determined, that are mutually beneficial for the center and the intern
The job entails 4-8 hours per week, and the pay is $11 per hour, for a work-study eligible student. The student must be a talented writer, and able to express complexities of business and family issues with clarity and style.
If that sounds like you, contact: Ira Bryck, UMass Amherst Family Business Center, 100 Venture Way, Hadley, MA 01035. Tel: 413-545-1537. E-mail: email@example.com